- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 3/4 cup canned coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1/4– 1/2 cup water (more or less for thick but pourable consistency)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla or coconut extract
- 2.5 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 cup canned pineapple, drained
1. In a bowl, add flour, sugar and baking powder. Whisk to combine.
2. Add coconut milk, coconut oil, water, and vanilla or coconut extract. Whisk until no more dry lumps of flour remain, adding more water as needed, being careful not to overmix.
3. In a cast iron skillet or griddle over medium heat, add a little coconut oil. Once heated, add batter, about 1/4 cup at a time. Cook until bubbles start to appear and pancake edges appear dry, about 3-5 minutes. Use a spatula to flip pancake and cook until the other side is browned, another 2-3 minutes.
4. Serve 2 pancakes per person. Divide toppings between the four plates and enjoy immediately.
Gluten Free: To make this recipe Gluten free, use a Gluten Free all purpose baking mix