Following a ketogenic plant-based diet for PKD? Then this salad has all of the flavor, healthy fat, and veggies you need!
Recipe developed and tested by Diana Bruen, MS, RD.
- 1 cup of mixed greens (no spinach)
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup cucumber, chopped
- 1/4 cup basil leaves
- 1/4 cup pitted Kalamata olives, chopped
- 1 teaspoon toasted pine nuts
- 1 tablespoon green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 1 1/2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
1. Layer mixed greens, tomatoes, cucumber, basil, olives, pine nuts, and green onions in a bowl.
2. Whisk olive oil, tahini, and vinegar until smooth. Drizzle over salad
Additional protein option: Add 2 ounces (1/2 can) albacore tuna, drained and flaked
No white vinegar: Substitute red wine vinegar
If mal prepping and increasing the yield of the dressing, we do not recommend making in a food processor as this will result in a much thicker dressing. Instead, we recommend whisking the dressing together.