***Important Note From our Team***
We are excited to produce more recipes so people can answer the question, “What can I eat?” Due to the volume that we are currently uploading and developing we are not writing full blog posts on the recipes but will include nutrient facts. As we move forward, we will be updating our posts to include more information about the cooking journey with each recipe and the principles used that people with CKD can apply to their nutritional plans. If you have recipe specific questions, please comment below. We cannot provide individualized nutrition guidance on specific cases via email or in comments due to medical liability but will do our best to answer cooking specific questionsPrint
Recipe developed and tested by Jessianna Saville, MS, RDN, CSR, LD, CLT.
- 1 cup unsweetened rice milk
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1–2 tablespoons coconut oil
Optional: A pinch of nutmeg and cloves for more flavor
1. Mix all ingredients in a small saucepan and place on the stove over low heat. Allow to simmer very gently for a couple of minutes to let the flavor infuse.
2. Use a milk frother or blend the milk in a blender until the coconut oil is fully incorporated, then pour into a mug and enjoy it warm or into a glass filled with ice for a cold beverage.
ALL information you read on KidneyRD.com is purely for informational and educational purposes. Information is not intended to treat, cure, or prevent any disease.