- 2-10 oz. Bags Cauliflower Florets
- 3 Cups Chicken or Vegetable Stock (Unsalted)
- 4 Garlic Cloved, Peeled
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 1 T. Unsalted Butter
- Salt and Pepper
- Place cauliflower florets in a 4-Quart slow cooker
- Pour the chicken or vegetable stock over the cauliflower – just enough to cover.
- Add garlic cloves, and bay leaf.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 4-6 hours.
- Remove bay leaf and drain any excess liquid/broth into a container. Set aside.
- Add butter to the cauliflower.
- Use an immersion blender to blend and smooth the cauliflower “potatoes.” Add in the reserved broth, 1 T. at a time, to create a creamier consistency.
- Add fresh pepper to taste. Garnish with green onions and/or bacon crumbles
Potassium: 184 mgs
This does not taste exactly like mashed potatoes, but it is still very tasty. It would have been great with gravy as well. We used fresh cauliflower (because I had a head in my fridge), but frozen florets would have been way easier and lower in potassium. If I were to make this again, I would have drained off the liquid from the cauliflower before mashing it. I like my mashed potatoes a little thicker, and extra liquid seemed to separate from them. The flavor was great though, and with the bacon and chives seasoning this is a fantastic side dish. I loved that I could put them in the slow cooker or cook on the stove top. Depending on how busy I am in a day, having that option is very nice.