THE ITALIAN TWIST
I literally pulled this together in less than 10 minutes. Everything quickly boiled on the stove to make a simple syrup, strained, and poured over ice. I added a touch more water because I prefer my drinks a little less sweet.Print
This unique, refreshing lemonade is full of flavor. The basil can easily be left out for a simple lemonade.
- 1 bunch fresh basil, washed and stemmed
- 2 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 2 cup lemon juice, about 12 to 15 lemons
- 2 cup cold or sparkling water
- For the basil simple syrup: In a saucepan, combine basil, 2 cups sugar, and 1 cup water and simmer until the sugar is dissolved, 5 minutes. Cool, strain, and store in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- For the lemonade: Mix lemon juice, basil simple syrup, and 2 cups cold or sparkling water together in a pitcher. Refrigerate until ready to serve.