- 3/4 cup Egg Whites (or 3 large hard boiled eggs, yolks discarded)
- 2 tablespoons Homemade Kidney Friendly Mayonnaise (Made from 3 tablespoons sour cream and 2 teaspoons mayonaisse (makes 3 and 3/4 tablespoons of kidney friendly mayonnaise).
- 1/4 teaspoon Dill
- 6 slices Cucumber
- Place eggs in saucepan large enough to hold them in single layer. Add cold water to cover eggs by 1 inch. HEAT over high heat just to boiling.
- Remove from burner. Cover pan. Let eggs sit in hot water about 12 minutes for large eggs (9 minutes for medium eggs; 15 minutes for extra large).
- Drain immediately and cool completely under cold running water or in bowl of ice water. When fully cooled, separate and discard yolks.
- Place egg whites in a mixing bowl, finely chop, and then add the mayonnaise and dill. Mix the ingredients.
- Split and toast the English muffin. Top each half of English muffin with 3 thin slices of cucumber and 1/2 of the egg salad mixture. Serve open-faced.
- Serving Size: full recipe