What can real nutrition education about CKD do for you?
I had a nurse in CKD 3 come in to visit me. She had worked in healthcare for a long time. She really knew her stuff and already was taking some positive steps to protect her kidney function. BUT, she was confused. She was living a salt-free and protein free life and was miserable with her food. Not to mention scared. After our visit she sent me this kind note,
"Yesterday during our consult was a blast of sweet wind! Much needed. I've got my bounce back."
Her story is not new. The number one concern people have when they come through our door is that they are confused about their renal diet. They’ve heard it all, been to classes, and surfed the web for endless hours. They are drowning in information, overwhelmed, and confused.
Why the confusion?
It’s simple really. The “renal diet” is really three different diets with different concerns and goals.
There are different dietary priorities for each stage of kidney disease. Each stage of kidney disease has its own dietary priorities and needs to be understood and lived in a different way.
That’s why we decided to break things down based on stage of kidney disease in affordable, engaging, personable classes.
Each of our classes is a power hour of information specific to your current stage of kidney disease. Classes are live with an experienced renal dietitian. We limit our classes to only 5 participants per class so that there is plenty of opportunity to ask questions!
What can you expect from our classes?
- How to slow progression of kidney failure based on your stage of kidney disease
- How to prevent complications
- Why there are discrepancies in dietary advice around the internet
- How to make your food livable and lovable, including strategies for eating out, cooking at home, packing lunches, and/or spices to liven your food up.
- We get into the nitty gritty of food products that we think make life easier and that we think taste good too.
- Best of all, each session is LIVE with one of our incredible dietitians. Classes are limited to 4 participants with 30 minutes set aside JUST for your questions.
- AND you get one of our customized packets so that you can throw away the piles of papers you’ve received from around doctor’s offices and the webs and focus on one simple guide.
We don’t think one class will solve all your nutrition dilemmas. But we do believe you will leave knowing how to approach every question, and have lots of tools in your belt so you can “bounce back” too!